1. According to leading private international carrier, Virgin Atlantic, which of the following country would soon be producing a world-first low carbon aviation fuel with just half the carbon footprint of the standard fossil fuel alternative?
(a) China (b) Brazil (c) South Africa (d) India
2. The company, which recently toppled Reliance Industries as the country’s most valued company is:
(a) NTPC (b) Coal India Limited (CIL) (c) ONGC (d) Indian Railways
3. The investments in a project that lacks any constraints imposed by prior work or in a project to be constructed on land where there is no need to remodel or demolish an existing structure is known as:
(a) Yellow Field Investments (b) Grey Field Investments
(c) Brown Field Investments (d) Green Field Investments
4. Ministry of power has launched ‘Bachat Lamp Yojana’ with which of the following?
(a) The Energy and Resource Institute (TERI) (b) Ministry of New and renewable energy (c) Ministry of Environment and Forests (d) Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE)
5. The global consultancy, McKinsey is related to study of:
(a) Public Finance (b) Global Trade (c) Global Health (d) Global Warming
6. Recently in a bid to strengthen its mobile business, Google announced that it would acquire Mobility Holdings of:
(a) Vodafone (b) Airtel (c) Samsung (d) Motorola
7. Recently, India signed a double taxation avoidance agreement (DTAA) with which of the following former Soviet Republic?
(a) Belarus (b) Ukraine (c) Tajikistan (d) Estonia
8. The headquarter of the major aircraft manufacturer Airbus, which has recently signed long-term partnership agreements with Indian firms is located at:
(a) Bonn (b) Blagnac (c) London (d) Milan
9. Recently, MHS Energy, a Chennai-based infrastructure company has entered into a joint venture with ‘b+w Electronics Systems’, which is a German-based company to manufacture:
(a) Thermal Power (b) Solar power solutions (c) Nuclear Power (d) Hydro electric power
10. Naresh Goyal recently has been re-elected to the Board of Governors of the International Air Transport Association, he heads which of the following airlines?
(a) Air India (b) Air Deccan (c) Kingfisher (d) Jet Airways
11. Where would you find National Fisheries Development Board in India?
(a) Bangalore (b) Hyderabad (c) Chennai (d) Panaji
12. Which of the following represents the year in which the National Horticulture Mission was launched?
(a) 2003-2004 (b) 2004-2005 (c) 2005-2006 (d) 2006-2007
13. Which of the following represents the rank of India in the fisheries production throughout the world?
(a) 2nd (b) 3rd (c) 4th (d) 5th
14. Who is the present Director General of Indian Council of Agriculture Research (ICAR)?
(a) Dr. R.S. Paroda (b) Dr. Mangala Rai (c) Dr. M.S. Swaminathan (d) Dr. S Ayyappan
15. In which fuel,the government has decided to mix ‘marker‘ for identifying adulteration ?
(a) Petrol (b) Diesel (c) CNG (d) Kerosene
16. As per the Human Development Report-2010-HDI rankings (the report presents statistical values for the year 2007) by United Nations Development Program, released in the first week of october 2009, which of the following represents the rank obtained by India out of 182 countries surveyed?
(a) 127 (b) 128 (c) 121 (d) 134
17. Who among the following is the present chairman of Human Rights Commission?
(a) Girija Vyas (b) B.N.Srikrishna (c) K.G.Balakrishnan (d) None of these
18. Which of the following constitutional amendments is responsible for making free and compulsory education to all children under 6 to 14 years of age a fundamental right?
(a) 82nd amendment (b) 84th amendment (c) 86th amendment (d) 88th amendment
19. As per the office of the Registrar General of India, which of the following represents the Infant Mortality Rate per thousand live births at the current level?
(a) 35 (b) 45 (c) 55 (d) 65
20. Which of the following represents the percentage population of the world that resides in India?
(a) 12.5% (b) 14.8% (c) 17.5% (d) 18.3%
21. The present Minister of Environment to the Government of India is:
(a) Sushil Kumar Shinde (b) Jairam Ramesh(c) Anand Sharma (d) Jayanti Natrajan
22. Which of the following represents the present Director General of World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)?
(a) Dr. Margaret Chan (b) Francis Gurry (c) Susan Schwab (d) Juan Somavia
23. Which of the following Indian states has the highest Scheduled Tribe population in India?
(a) Mizoram (b) Punjab (c) Bihar (d) Madhya Pradesh
24. Which of the following represents the percentage of urban population out of the total population of India?
(a) 21.4% (b) 23.5% (c) 25.7% (d) 27.8%
25. Which of the following is the latest country to join WTO?
(a) Vietnam (b) Cape Verde (c) Nauru (d) China
1 d 2 b 3 d 4 d 5 a 6 d 7 d 8 b 9 b 10 d 11 b 12 c 13 b 14 d 15 d 16 c 17 c 18 c 19 c 20 c 21 d 22 b 23 d 24 d 25 b