1. Who’s temporary home, the property title of ‘Gyuto Monastery’ has been transferred in the Himachal Pradesh state government’s name?
(a) 17th Karmapa (b) 16th Karmapa (c) 18th Karmapa (d) 15th Karmapa
2. Which Committee has been constituted to examine the appropriateness of the telecom policies and allocation of spectrum from 2001 to 2009?
(a) Justice Shivaraj V. Patil Committee (b) Justice M M Punchhi Committee (c) Justice Bhagwati Committee (d) Justice Vahanvati Committee
3. The Egyptian military constituted a panel of legal experts, including a member of the outlawed Muslim Brotherhood, to suggest amendments to the Mubarak-era constitution, headed by Tareq al-Bishry, who is a -
(a) politician (b) economist (c) judge (d) social activist
4. Who has invented and claimed that he has made a flying car with the help of India’’s first small car, Maruti, which was the star attraction at the Aero India 2011 air show in Bangalore?
a) A.K. Vishwanath (b) K. Uday Kumar (c) J. Ramesh (d) T. Kuppuswami
5. With which country India proposed a $9 billion ‘revolving fund’ jointly to finance and start implementation of the crucial Delhi Mumbai Industrial corridor (DMIC) link to address the infrastructure concerns?
(a) South Korea (b) Japan (c) Russia (d) South Africa
6. World Philatelic Exhibition Indipex-2011 was held recently in which of the following place?
(a) Bangkok (b) London (c) New Delhi (d) New York
7. Which among the following is the world’s oldest postal organisation?
(a) India Post (b) U.S. Postal Service (c) Mexican postal sevice (d) The Royal Mail from Britain
8. Which country vetoed a UNSC resolution that would have condemned illegal” Israeli settlements, despite all other states in the 15-member body, including India, voting for it?
(a) USA (b) Great Britain (c) China (d) Russia
9. India signed a comprehensive economic cooperation agreement (CECA) with which of the following country, which gives its doctors,accountants , two-wheelers , cotton garments and basmati rice greater access to its market?
(a) USA (b) Malaysia (c) Austria (d) Iran
10. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has recently said that Malegam panel’s suggestion of capping lending rate at 24% for micro finance institutions (MFI) will be implemented from:
(a) May 1, 2011 (b) April 1,2011 (c) November 1, 2011 (d) April 1, 2012
11. Global Governance Report 2025, an assessment report,is prepared by-
(a) United States National Intelligence Council (b) European Union Institute for security studies (c) a and b both (d) World Bank
12. In a bid to preserve and promote Tibetan culture, which university is planning to set up a centre for Tibetan studies at Dharamshala?
(a) Indira Gandhi National Open University (b) Jawaharlal Nehru University (c) Aligarh Muslim University (d) None of the above
13. What is the name of the District Collector of Malkangiri district of Orissa, who was abducted and later released by cadres of the Communist Party of India (Maoist) recently?
(a) S.V. Naidu (b) Sumit Sharma (c) R.V. Krishna (d) Navin Kumar
14. Who among the following has been selected for the Y. Nayudamma Memorial Award for 2010?
(a) V. Shanta (b) Arvind Kejriwal (c) Kiran Bedi (d) Anna Hazare
15. Which is the largest brackish water lagoon in the country?
(a) Pulicat Lake (b) Chilika Lake (c) Sambhar Lake (d) None of the above
1 a 2 a 3 c4 a 5 b 6 c 7 d 8 a 9 b 10 b 11 c 12 a 13 c 14 a 15 b