1. Which among the following states has announced that 90% of the seats in sports academies will be ﬁlled by players from the same state?
a. Uttar Pradesh b. Madhya Pradesh c. Haryana d. Punjab
2. Which of the following countries has launched its annual Arirang festival featuring mass games and artistic performances?
a. North Korea b. South Korea c. Singapore d. Indonesia
3. According to new data released by telecom regulator TRAI what percentage of the inhabited villages in the country had Village Public Telephone (VPT) connections as of the end of the quarter till 31 March 2011?
a. 68.5% b. 78.5% c. 88.5% d. 98.5%
4. Which state has the highest rural teledensity of 70.23 ?
a. Karnataka b. Himachal Pradesh c. Rajasthan d. Gujarat
5. Who among the following has become the world’s No. 1 double trap shooter as per the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) rankings released recently?
a. Gagan Narang b. Sanjeev Rathore c. Vijay Kumar d. Ranjan Sodhi
6. Which Indian wildlife research and bio-diversity conservation organisation will assist Indonesian authorities in undertaking non-invasive genetics research on two critically endangered species — the Javan and the Sumatran rhinos — in Indonesia?
a. Aaranyak b. Parivesh c. Paryavaran d. Sanrakshak
7. Which country is stepping into the Indian Ocean for the ﬁrst time for mineral exploration?
a. Japan b. Canada c. China d. India
8. Which among the following is the latest European country to act against the burqa after France and Belgium banned the wearing of burqa in public?
a. Germany b. Spain c. Italy d. Denmark
9. Which Indian-American expert in international ﬁnance law has been appointed as Senior Advisor in the US State Department's South and Central Asia Bureau to cement ties with the Diaspora groups?
a. Mitul Desai b. Sanjeev Upadhyay c. Upendra Bansal d. Manendra Singh
10. Which airline has become the ﬁrst to use biofuels on regular commercial ﬂ ights in a sixmonth trial that it estimates will reduce CO2 emissions by up to 1,500 tones during the period?
11. Which country is not a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council?
a. China b. Japan c. UK d. France
12. Which among the following was ﬁrst specialised agency to be associated with the UN?
a. ILO b. WHO c. FAO d. ITU
13. Ministry Of Earth Sciences, Government of India was formed by restructuring of which of the following ministry?
a. Ministry of Space Sciences b. Ministry of Ocean Development c. Ministry of Nuclear power Development d. Ministry of Science and Technology
14. The ﬁrst Indian satellite was launched in which year?
a. 1963 b. 1973 c. 1975 d. 1981
15. The National Council of Educational Research and Training is headquartered at which of the following cities?
a. Mumbai b. New Delhi c. Bhopal d. Lucknow
16. Lalgudi G.Jayaraman is famous for playing which of the following musical instruments?
a. Flute b. Violin c. Tabla d. Sitar
17. Maach and Nachya are traditional theatre forms of which of the following states?
a. Madhya Pradesh b. Maharashtra c. West Bengal d. Odisha
18. At which of the following places is the famous Kumbha mela not organised?
a. Ujjain b. Allahabad c. Haridwar d. Varanasi
19. Sariputra stupa is situated in which of the following state of India?
a. Uttar Pradesh b. Bihar c. Tamil Nadu d. Karnataka
20. The asteroid belt lies between the orbit of :
a. Mars and Venus b. Mars and Jupiter c. Earth and Mars d. Jupiter and Saturn
21. The author of book ‘The Insider’ is:
a. Manmohan Singh b. Atal Bihari Vajpayee c. PV Narsimha Rao d. Yashpal Sinha
22. Which among the following is the universal blood donor?
a. AB b. A c. B d. O
23. Which of the award winning ﬁlms given below had no dialogue?
a. Dastak b. Koshish c. Pushpak d. Mausam
24. Bhogali Bihu festival is celebrated in:
a. Assam b. Orissa c. Jharkhand d. Rajasthan
25. Which among the following is an imaginary arc on the Earth's surface from the North Pole to the South Pole and connects all locations along it at a given longitude?
a. Meridian b. Contours c. Isobars d. Isohem
26. Which of the following countries in the world is the biggest consumer of gold?
a. China b. United States c. India d. Russia
27. According to the Economic Survey 2010-11, what percentage of milk produced in country is still handled in the unorganised sector?
a. 20% b. 40% c. 60% d. 80%
28. Which of the following is not among the four National Commodity Spot Exchanges with electronic trading platforms?
a. National Spot Exchange Limited b. NCDEX Spot Exchange (NSPOT) c. TATA Spot Exchange d. National APMC
29. According to Economic Survey 2010-11, what percentage of net sown area in country is rainfed?
a. 25% b. 40% c. 60% d. 80%
30. As of 31 March 2010, how many CPSEs are their under the administrative control of various ministries/department?
a. 149 b. 249 c. 349 d. 449
31. Which among the following countries tops the list of FDI equity investment in India?
a. United States b. United Kingdom c. Mauritius d. Singapore
32. According to the National Skill Development Policy, what is the target year for the Department of Information Technology’s aim of training 10 million people?
a. 2012 b. 2015 c. 2017 d. 2020
33. The Visa-on-Arrival Scheme 2010 was launched on a pilot basis for ﬁve countries. Which of the following was not among them?
a. Finland b. Japan c. Luxembourg d. United States
34. Retail trading comes under which of the following lists of constitution of India?
a. Union List b. State List c. Concurrent List d. Residuary
35. Which among the following countries has the maximum number of legal practitioners in the world?
a. USA b. India c. China d. UK
1. b. Madhya Pradesh 2. a. North Korea 3. d. 98.5% 4. b. Himachal Pradesh 5. d. Ranjan Sondhi 6. a. Aranyak 7. c. China 8. c. Italy 9. a. Mitul Desai 10. a. Lufthansa 11. b. Japan 12. a. ILO 13. b. Ministry of Ocean Development 14. c. 1975 15. b. New Delhi 16. b. Violin 17. a. Madhya Pradesh 18. d. Varanasi 19. b. Bihar 20. b. Mars and Jupiter 21. c. PV Narasimha Rao 22. d. O 23. c. Pushpak 24. a. Assam 25. a. Meridian 26. c. India 27. d. 80% 28. c. TATA Spot Exchange 29. c 60% 30. b. 249 31. c. Mauritius 32. d. 2020 33. d. United States 34. b. State List 35. a. USA