1. The Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) has granted clearance to Jindal Power Limited (JPL) for its 2,400 MW power project at Tamnar, which is located in:
a. West Bengal
c. Madhya Pradesh
2. IT fi rm Hexaware Technologies recently bagge d a five-year outsourcing deal worth $250 millionfrom which one of the following countries?
b. United Kingdom
3. Which of the following private sector banks has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) to allow policyholders to receive policy payments through Electronic Funds Transfer?
c. Dhanlaxmi Bank
d. ING Vysya bank
4. Which one of the following Defence Public Sector Undertakings received the prestigious Raksha Mantri's Awards in
fi ve categories for the year 2009-10?
a. Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
b. Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
c. Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL)
d. Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML)
5. Siemens AG announced it woill invest 250 million euro in India to develop new baseline products, especially for the Indianurban and rural markets, as part of its new global strategy. Siemens AG belongs to which one of the following countries?
c. United States of America
6. Facing fi nancial pressure, which one of the following companies recently has increased the international call rate tariffs by up to 10 per cent for some destinations for all customers and reduced certain benefits on add-on services for its pre-paid subscribers?
b. Tata Indicom
7. Titan Industries has acquired watch brand Favre Leuba, which is based in:
8. A US-based leading manufacturer of high-technology integrated information, communication and sensor system
solutions for military and commercial markets, has announced a joint venture with which one of the following Indian
a. Mahindra Satyam
b. Mahindra & Mahindra
c. Wipro Technologies
9. Japanese carmaker Nissan is setting up a diesel engine plant inside its manufacturing facility at Oragadam, which is
a. Tamil Nadu
10. Lupin is going to acquire I'rom Co of Japan. Lupin and the I'rom Co are related with which one of the following sectors?
c. Transport infrastructure
11. Recently, GE India appointed whom as the President and CEO of its energy business in India?
a. Kishore Jayaraman
b. Banmali Agrawala
c. John L Frannery
d. Jeffery Immelt
12. Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with which one of the following companies to establish a joint venture company for the production of cold-rolled non-oriented products at Bokaro?
a. Nippon Steel
13. The Hinduja thermal power plant at Palavalasa is going to be established in which one of the following states?
c. Andhra Pradesh
14. Indian Railways recently signed a contract to carry out reconstruction of a 56-km rail line in which one of the following countries?
a. Sri Lanka
15. Which state-owned company was accused of making illegal profi ts by selling natural gas (allocated by the government to make LPG)to industries?
a. Indian Oil Corporation
c. Oil India Limited
16. Which one of the following cities hosted the sixth International Conference on Aluminum in December 2011?
17. Which one of the following companies has launched the all-new ‘RAZR' handset?
18. Aditi Technologies has announced the acquisition of which cloud computing company?
b. HCL Cloud
d. iLink System
19. Recently, Sony, Toshiba and Hitachi signed a deal to merge their small and medium-sized LCD businesses and to create a new company under the name of:
a. International Display
b. Japan Display
c. Asia Displa
d. National Display
20. Which of the following companies has entered into an agreement with Moscow-based IT security solution fi rm Kaspersky Lab, to offer managed security services to telecom companies?
a. Tata Consultancy Services
d. Tech Mahindra/Mahindra Satyam
1. (d) Chhattisgarh
2. (b) United Kingdom
3. (c) Dhanlaxmi Bank
4. (a) Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
5. (b) Germany
6. (c) Airtel
7. (d) Switzerland
8. (b) Mahindra & Mahindra
9. (a) Tamil Nadu
10. (d) Health
11. (b) Banmali Agrawala
12. (d) POSCO
13. (c) Andhra Pradesh
14. (a) Sri Lanka
15. (b) GAIL
16. (c) Hyderabad
17. (a) Motorola
18. (a) Cumulux
19. (b) Japan Display
20. (d) Tech Mahindra/Mahindra Satyam