1. Who is the winner of Australian Open 2013 Women's title ?
Answer: Victoria Azarenka
2. Who is the winner of Australian Open 2013 men's title ?
Answer: Novak Djokovic
3. Who is the chief guest of 2013 Pravasi Bharatiya Divas ?
Answer: Rajkeswur Purryag, President of Mauritius (Held in Kochi)
4. Who is the chief guest of republic day 2013 ?
Answer: Jigme Khesar Namgyal Wangchuck, King of Bhutan
5. Who is first female President of South Korea ?
Answer: Park Guen-hye
6. Who is the first female Chief Justice of Sri Lanka ?
Answer: Shirani Bandaranayake (recently impeached)
7. Who is the winner of DSC Prize for South Asian Literature 2013 ?
Answer: Jeet Thayil (book - Narcopolis)
8. Which is the Longest Railway Tunnel in India?
Answer: Pir Panjal Railway Tunnel (Banihal railway tunnel)
9. Where did the World Economic Forum annual meeting held ?
Answer: Davos, Switzerland
10. Who has been conferred won Keerthi Chakra (the second highest among peace time gallantry awards of the country) ?
Answer: Major Anoop Joseph
11. Which Indian scientist conferred with China's top science award ?
Answer: CNR Rao
12. Who is the winner of Ranji Trophy 2012-2013 ?
13. Which country recently test fired Hatf-9 (Nasr) missile ?
14. Who is the new Chairman of Lalit Kala Akademi ?
Answer: Kalyan Kumar Chakravarty
15. Who is the new President of Sahitya Akademi ?
Answer: Dr. Vishwanath Prasad Tiwari
16. Who is appointed as the next Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations ?
Answer: Asoke Kumar Mukerji
17. Who is the worlds oldest Marathon runner ?
Answer: Fauja Singh
18. Which film won this year's Best Picture Oscar ?
19. Which actor won this year's Best Actor (in a Leading Role) Oscar ?
Answer: Daniel Day-Lewis (Lincoln)
20. Which actress won this year's Best Actress (in a Leading Role) Oscar ?
Jennifer lawrence current affairs
Answer: Jennifer Lawrence (Silver Linings Playbook)
21. Who won this year's Best Director Oscar ?
Answer: Ang Lee (Life of Pi)
22. Who is the first person to win Best Actor Oscar thrice ?
Answer: Daniel Day-Lewis
23. What is the theme of 2013 International Women’s Day (march 8) ?
Answer: A promise is a promise: Time for action to end violence against women
24. New Governor of Nagaland ?
Answer: Ashwani Kumar
25. New Governor of Kerala ?
Answer: Nikhil Kumar
26. New Governor of Odisha ?
Answer: S C Jamir
27. Who is the new President of Kenya ?
Answer: Uhuru Kenyatta
28. Who is the new PM ( Premier of the People's Republic of China) of China ?
Answer: Li Keqiang
29. Who is the new Pope?
Answer: Pope Francis
30. What is the name of India's first regional navigational satellite ?
31. Who scored fastest hundred on debut in test cricket ?
Answer: Shikhar Dhawan
32. Where is India's first all women post office inaugurated on women's day ?
33. What is the theme of 2013 world water day (march 22) ?
Answer: Water Cooperation
34. Which year is declared by UN as International Year of Water Cooperation ?
35. Who is the winner of 2013 miss India ?
Answer: Navneet Kaur Dhillon
36. who is the winner of 2013 Saraswati Samman ?
Answer: Sugathakumari (Manalezhuthu)
37. Who is recently reelected as IAEA (International Atomic Energy Agency) Director general ?
Answer: Yukiya Amano
38. Who is the new Prime Minister of Nepal ?
Answer: Khil Raj Regmi
39. Who is the first female Prime minister of UK who recently passed away ?
Answer: Margaret Thatcher
40. Who is the new pm of North Korea ?
Answer: Pak Pong-ju
41. Who is the new Venezuela president ?
Answer: Nicolas Maduro
42. Who is the new president of Bangladesh ?
Answer: Abdul Hamid
43. What is the theme of 2013 World Earth day (April 22) ?
Answer: The face of climate change
44. Who is the new Governor of Jammu and Kashmir ?
answer: Narinder Nath Vohra
45. Who is the new president of ADB (Asian Development Bank) ?
Answer: Takehiko Nakao
46. Who is the new prime minister of Italy ?
Answer: Enrico Letta
47. Who is the first woman speaker of Bangladesh ?
Answer: Shirin Sharmin Chowdhury
48. Who is the new Comptroller and Auditor General of India ?
Answer: Shashi Kant Sharma
50. Who is the first Indian amputee to scale Everest ?
Answer: Arunima Sinha
51. Who is the first Pakistani women to scale the Everest ?
Answer: Samina Baig
52. Who is the first US women in space ?
Answer: Sally Ride (Recently she won highest civilian honour of USA, Presidential medal of Freedom)
53. What is the theme of 2013 International Biological diversity Day (May 22) ?
Answer: Water and Biodiversity
54. Who is the winner of 2013 Man Booker International Prize ?
Answer: Lydia Davis
55. What is the theme of 2013 World No- Tobacco Day ( May 31 ) ?
Answer: Ban tobacco advertising, promotion and sponsorship
55. Who is the new Director General of DRDO ?
Answer: Avinash Chander
56. Who is the new prime minister of Pakistan ?
Answer: Nawaz Sharif
57. Who were the first twins to scale mount Everest ?
Answer: Tashi and Nancy Malik
58. What is the theme of 2013 World Environment Day (June 5) ?
Answer: Think, Eat, Save
59. Who won the 2013 Templeton Prize ?
Answer: Desmond Tutu
60. Who is the longest serving defence minister in India ?
Answer: A.K Antony
61. Who is the winner of 2013 French open women's title ?
Answer: Serena Williams
62. Who is the winner of 2013 French open men's title ?
Answer: Rafael Nadal
63. Who is the new prime minister of Australia ?
Answer: Kevin Rudd
64. Who will be the new chief justice of India ?
Answer: P Sathasivam
65. Which is the first smoke free state of India ?
Answer: Himachal Pradesh
66. Which is India's first navigational satellite ?
67. Who will be India's next foreign secretary after Ranjan Mathai ?
answer: Sujata Singh
68. Who won 2013 Wimbledon Men's Title ?
Answer: Andy Murray
69. Who won 2013 Wimbledon Women's Title ?
Answer: Marion Bartoli
70. What is the theme of 2013 World population day (July 11)?
Answer: Adolescent pregnancy with an aspiration of safe childbirth and that each pregnancy is wanted