2) KC Ponnappa took over the Office as Chairman of Nilgiri Planters’ Association.
3) Deepak Sandhu became the First Woman Chief Information Commissioner on 5th September, 2013. She took over from Satyananda Mishra.
4) Poonam Khetrapal Singh Elected Regional Director for WHO South-East Asia Region Court.
5) BN Talukdar, Director for exploration in Oil India Ltd. (OIL) was appointed as the new Director General of DGH.
6) The ruling Cambodian People’s Party (CPP) of incumbent Prime Minister Hun Sen on 8th September, 2013 was reelected to power.
7) Harish Lakshman elected New President of Automotive Component Manufacturers Association.
8 )Sanjay Govind Dhande appointed as UGC Member.
10) Jawaid Akhtar elected as the Chairperson of International Coffee Council.
11) TV Narendran appointed as the New Managing Director Tata Steel.-Important
12) Ravindra Kumar elected as the President of the Indian Newspaper Society (INS).
13) Ramlubhya appointed as the Rajasthan State Election Commissioner.
14) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has appointed Rakesh Sood as his new Special envoy for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation.-Important
15) Ashok Vemuri appointed as the President and CEO of iGate Corporation.
16) National Spot Exchange on 16th September, 2013 appointed Saji Cherian as the new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the company.
17) P. Sudhakar appointed as the CMD of Electronics Corporation of India Ltd.
18) Justice Prafulla Chandra Pant appointed as the New Chief Justice of the Meghalaya High Court.
19) Nancy Gibbs appointed as the Managing Editor of Time Magazine.-Important
20) Tony Abbott was sworn in as Australia’s new Prime Minister on 18th September, 2013 at Government House in Canberra, Australia.-Important