1. Which writ can be issued by a High Court to direct a public official or the government not to enforce a law which is unconstitutional?
a) Certiorari b) Prohibition c) Quo Warranto d) Mandamus
2. In which of the following is the residuary powers vested according to our constitution?
a) Union Parliament b) Prime Minister c) President d) Supreme Court
3. From which of the following is the word ‘Satyameva Jayate’ inscribed in our national emblem taken?
a) Mahabharata b) Mundaka Upanishad c) Kathopanishad d) Ramayana
4. The constituent Assembly adopted the design of the National Flag on
a) 22nd July, 1947 b) 26th November, 1949 c) 26th January, 1950 d) 15th August, 1947
5. The state of Bombay was split into two states Gujarat and Maharashtra in the year
a) 1960 b) 1972 c) 1956 d) 1980
6. Which article of our constitution forms the core of the Chapter on Fundamental Rights?
a) Article 19 b) Article 18 c) Article 20 d) Article 21
7. How many categories of freedom can an Indian citizen have?
a) 6 b) 8 c) 9 d) 12
8. Which schedule of our constitution deals with the languages approved by the constitution? a) Fourth Schedule b) Eighth Schedule c) Tenth Schedule d) Fifth Schedule
9. Which schedule of our constitution deals with the Anti-Defection law?
a) Fourth Schedule b) Eighth Schedule c) Tenth Schedule d) Fifth Schedule
10. Who appoints the Secretary General of the Lok Sabha?
a) Speaker b) Prime Minister c) Members of the Lok Sabha d) President
11. For what period can the Vice President hold the office of the President in the event of the death of the President?
a) Two months b) Six months c) One month d) Three months
12. A person seeking election to the office of Vice President must have completed what age? a) 35 years b) 30 years c) 25 years d) 18 years
13. Who is the ex-officio Chairman of Rajya Sabha?
a) President b) Vice President c) Speaker d) None of these
14. Who was the first Chairman of the Planning Commission?
a) Jawaharlal Nehru b) BR Ambedkar c) C Rangarajan d) KC Pant
15. The full status of statehood was conferred upon the Union territories of Manipur and Tripura in
a) 1956 b) 1960 c) 1985 d) 1972
1. Mandamus 2. Union Parliament 3. Mundaka Upanishad 4. 22nd July, 1947 5. 1960 6. Article 19 7. 6 8. Eighth Schedule 9. Tenth Schedule 10. Speaker 11. Six months 12. 35 years 13. Vice President 14. Jawaharlal Nehru 15. 1972