1. The vesting of Residuary Powers under our constitution in the Union follows the precedent of which Constitution?
a) Canadian constitution b) Irish constitution c) US constitution d) British constitution
2. Which constitutional authority is responsible for constituting the Finance Commission periodically?
a) Chairman of Rajya Sabha b) Prime Minister c) President of India d) Speaker of Lok Sabha
3. For a period of how many years is the Finance Commission normally constituted?
a) four years b) five years c) six years d) three years
4. To whom does the Public Accounts Committee submit its report?
a) Prime Minister b) President c) Speaker of Lok Sabha d) Vice President
5. Under our constitution, the sovereign power rests with which of the following?
a) judiciary b) president c) people d) parliament
6. Which amendment to the constitution made it mandatory on the part of the President to accept the advice given by the council of ministers?
a) 24th amendment b) 25th amendment c) 41st amendment d) 42nd amendment
7. From which constitution did we borrow the concept of our Federation?
a) Canadian constitution b) Australian constitution c) Irish constitution d) German constitution
8. Which of the following is the competent authority to amend the constitution?
a) parliament b) state legislatures c) president d) chairman of the Rajya Sabha
9. Which articles of our constitution deals with the cultural and educational rights?
a) 30 and 31 b) 29 and 30 c) 31 and 32 d) 32 and 33
10. To whom should a notice in writing be given for raising a half an hour discussion in a House of Parliament?
a) Presiding officer of the house b) Secretary general of the house c) Secretary of department of parliamentary affairs d) Ministers concerned
11. Who was the last Viceroy of India?
a) Lord Mountbatten b) Lord Canning c) Lord Ripon d) Lord Hardinge
12. Who was the first President of the Republic of India?
a) Dr Rajendra Prasad b) C Rajagopalachari c) Lord Mountbatten d) Zakir Hussain
13. Who was the first Muslim President of independent India?
a) Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad b) APJ Abdul Kalam c) Dr Zakir Hussain d) None of these
14. Who among the following British Prime Ministers issued the infamous ‘communal award’ which prescribed separate electorates to different communities?
a) Ramsay MacDonald b) Clement Atley c) Winston Churchill d) Neville Chamberlain
15. Which of the following is not a language included in the eighth schedule of the constitution?
a) English b) Konkani c) Sindhi d) Kashmiri
16. A candidate seeking election to a state legislative assembly must have completed what age?
a) 30 years b) 25 years c) 21 years d) 20 years
17. Which of the following is not a post mentioned in the Constitution of India?
a) The Deputy Speaker of the Lok Sabha b) The Deputy Prime Minister c) The Deputy speaker of the state legislative assemblies d) The Deputy chairman of the Rajya Sabha
18. Who among the following can propose the name of a candidate for the office of President of India?
a) any five citizens of India b) any five members of parliament c) any one member of the electoral college d) any ten members of the electoral college
19. Which of the following tax is levied and collected by the union but wholly assigned to the states?
a) taxes on railway fares and freights b) stamp duties c) sales tax d) custom duties
20. Who appoints the Attorney General of India?
a) Chief Justice of India b) Union Law Minister c) Prime Minister d) President
21. Who among the following presidents of India held the office for two successive terms?
a) VV Giri b) Dr S Radhakrishnan c) Dr Zakir Hussain d) Dr Rajendra Prasad
22. The Fundamental Duties were added to the constitution for the first time in
a) 1974 b) 1975 c) 1976 d) 1977
23. Of which type is the Indian Constitution?
a) Federal b) Unitary c) Parliamentary d) Federal in form and Unitary in spirit
24. Into how many parts has the Indian Constitution been divided?
a) 7 b) 11 c) 21 d) 22
25. What is the maximum number of nominated members in the two Houses of Parliament? a) 10 b) 12 c) 14 d) 20
1.Canadian constitution 2. President of India 3. five years 4. Speaker of Lok Sabha 5. parliament 6. 42nd amendment 7. Canadian constitution 8. parliament 9. 29 and 30 10. Secretary general of the house 11. Lord Mountbatten 12. Dr Rajendra Prasad 13. Dr Zakir Hussain 14. Ramsay MacDonald 15. English 16. 25 years 17. The Deputy Prime Minister 18. any ten members of the electoral college 19. taxes on railway fares and freights 20. President 21. Dr Rajendra Prasad 22. 1976 23. Federal in form and Unitary in spirit 24. 22 25. 14