1. A candidate must have completed what age to be a member of the Lok Sabha?
a) 25 years b) 30 years c) 35 years d) 18 years
2. Which amendment to the Constitution deals with the reorganization of states?
a) 7th amendment b) 5th amendment c) 6th amendment d) 4th amendment
3. Which Indian state has its own constitution?
a) Punjab b) Delhi c) Jammu and Kashmir d) West Bengal
4. Who among the following gives legal advice to the state government?
a) Comptroller and Auditor General b) Advocate General c) Chief Justice of High Court d) Attorney General of India
5. Which amendment to the Constitution deals with the Anti-defection law?
a) 42nd Amendment b) 52nd Amendment c) 61st Amendment d) 47th Amendment
6. Which Article of our Constitution forbids child labour?
a) Article 18 b) Article 24 c) Article 36 d) Article 28
7. Who is the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces in India?
a) Prime Minister b) Defence Minister c) President d) Chief of Army Staff
8. Who appoints the Judges of the Supreme Court and High Court?
a) Prime Minister b) Law Minister c) President d) Speaker of Lok Sabha
9. What is the term of office of the Vice President of India?
a) 4 years b) 5 years c) 6 years d) 7 years
10. For a No-Confidence Motion to be introduced in the Lok Sabha it must have the support of at least
a) 50 members b) One-third of the total number of members c) 60 members d) 100 members
11. How many Anglo Indians can be nominated by the President to the Lok Sabha?
a) 12 b) 6 c) 3 d) 2
12. What is the maximum strength of Rajya Sabha?
a) 250 members b) 260 members c) 300 members d) 500 members
13. What is the term of office of a member of Rajya Sabha?
a) 5 years b) 6 years c) 4 years d) 7 years
14. Who administers the oath of office to the President of India?
a) Prime Minister b) Chief Justice of India c) Speaker of Lok Sabha d) Vice President
15. Who holds the office of the President if neither the President nor the Vice President is available?
a) Prime Minister b) Chief Justice of India c) Speaker of Lok Sabha d) None
16. Which of the following schedules in the Constitution divides the legislative powers between the Union and the States?
a) V schedule b) VI schedule c) VII schedule d) VIII schedule
17. In accordance with the provisions of our constitution new all-India services can be created only by
a) the President on the advice of the council of Ministers b) the Parliament c) amendment of the Constitution d) new services cannot be created
18. Under our Constitution Residuary Powers are vested in a) the President b) the Union c) State legislatures d) Both the Union and State Legislatures
19. The vesting of residuary powers under our constitution in the Union follows the precedent of which constitution?
a) Canadian Constitution b) Irish Constitution c) US Constitution d) British Constitution
20. Which Constitutional authority is responsible for constituting the Finance Commission periodically?
a) Chairman of Rajya Sabha b) Prime Minister c) President of India d) Speaker of Lok Sabha
21. For a period of how many years is the Finance Commission normally constituted?
a) four years b) five years c) six years d) three years
22. To whom does the Public Accounts Committee submit its report?
a) Prime Minister b) President c) Speaker of Lok Sabha d) Vice President
23. Under our Constitution the sovereign power rests with which of the following?
a) Judiciary b) President c) People d) Parliament
24. Which amendment to the Constitution made it necessary on the part of the President to accept the advice given by the Council of Ministers?
a) 24th amendment b) 25th amendment c) 41st amendment d) 42nd amendment
25. From which constitution did we borrow the concept of our Federation?
a) Canadian Constitution b) Australian Constitution c) Irish Constitution d) German Constitution
1. 25 years 2. 7th amendment 3. Jammu and Kashmir 4. Advocate General 5. 52nd Amendment 6. Article 24 7. President 8. President 9. 5 years 10. 50 members 11. 2 12. 250 members 13. 6 years 14. Chief Justice of India 15. Chief Justice of India 16. VII schedule 17. the Parliament 18. the Union 19. Canadian Constitution 20. President of India 21. five years 22. Speaker of Lok Sabha 23. Parliament 24. 42nd amendment 25. Canadian Constitution